Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Week 1 Progress Update

Well, its been a week since I started this blog, so here's a quick status update. The diet and exersize plan is going well, I've only cheated on the diet a few times. I'm still at 178lbs., but I feel good and I can see a noticeable difference. Today is my back/arms workout, and I'm meeting Ryan at the city gym for a little change of pace. A friend told me that one of the secrets to making a diet work is to constantly change your routine, so I'll be working out with a bunch of cops this afternoon.

After the gym, I'll be working the 5-Close shift downstairs at the Ale House. Business has picked up a little since USC is back in session. Also I've had better luck finding substitute teaching gigs for this week. There wasn't anything available today, but I'm working at Blythewood High School tomorrow, then doing a half day at an elementary school on thursday. This will be my first time in a non high-school setting, so I'm kinda glad its only a half day so I can see if its something I want to do in the future. As I've said before, everything I make from substituting is direct deposited into a savings account for the sole purpose of moving, so I'm trying to take as many assignments as possible.

On the family front, my mother turns 50 a week from tomorrow, and hopefuly I'll be able to make it up there for a visit. She's doing fantastic in Simpsonville, and looks great for her age. No one would every guess that she had a 27 year old son, or 3 kids who have given her as much stress over the years as we have. Love ya Mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment