Wednesday, April 28, 2010

2 days left...

2 more days till I leave!! I decided I wasn't going to work at the school this week...too much to do during the days! I tried to go to Jiffy Lube today to get my oil changed and get the car serviced before I leave. Now, the name Jiffy Lube would imply quickness, right? There were 3 other cars there when I arrived. Not 3 cars waiting, 3 cars total. The guy saw me pull up, walked over to my car, and said it would be at least an hour before they could get to it. My first thought was, "wow, those other three cars must have some serious problems if it'll take that long." I wasn't about to sit in their waiting room for "at least an hour", which in car-speak means about 2 hours, so I left. I'm gonna break down and bring it to wal-mart later, where if I have to wait, I can at least walk around the store and keep myself occupied.

On a positive note, I switched my car insurance from SC to Florida today, and to my surprise, my rates actually went down! I was always told that SC was the lowest insurance anywhere. Cool!

Anyways, still on the agenda today is packing some stuff, trying to figure out what to do with my furniture, the car service, and trying to change my address on everything important. Speaking of which, my new contact info in KW is:

Matt Frankel
705 Windsor Lane
Key West, FL 33040

I'll keep the same phone number for a little while for simplicity's sake.

The next time I'll update, I'll be down in the islands and I'll have more interesting things to say!

No comments:

Post a Comment